Friday, March 13, 2009

Menomonie, WI

I took a little walk today around Menomonie after I visited Stout, I found two old railroad bridges and a cool cycle shop, that looked somewhat dilapidated. I have to admit, sometimes dilapidation adds "cool" points for me. I walked along a road for a while and then saw a paved walking path. Do I retrace my steps along the road to find it's beginning? No, I climb down a steep embankment and nearly break my ankle. It was fun. There was a nice old couple walking by that wished me the best of luck in my climbing. They said: "we'll be back this way in a while if you break anything", "thanks" I said, really hoping that wouldn't be the case. In all reality, if I had broken something there'd be a picture of it here. I saw them later on down the trail after I had successfully tangled with branches, muddy gravel and gravity. Here are some other pictures I took.

No comments: